1. WHAT IS WHISTLE BLOWING ?
The term “whistleblowing” can be defined as raising a genuine concern about a crime, criminal offense, miscarriage of justice, dangers to health and safety of the environment, or any wrongdoing within an organization.
2. WHISTLE BLOWING CHANNELS
Baobab Nigeria has put in place an effective Whistleblowing System to encourage all stakeholders, such as Employees, Shareholders, Clients, Vendors, and Regulators, to disclose actual, potential, or suspected instances of misconduct
3. REPORTABLE MISCONDUCTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Unethical behavior or improper conduct, that undermines universal and core ethical values such as integrity, respect, honesty, transparency, accountability, fairness, etc.
- All deliberate acts/omission/commission capable of posing a risk to the Bank’s stakeholders
- A criminal offense.
- Actions or activities that causes damage to the health and safety of the environment.
- Conflict of Interests
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information;
- Any attempt to conceal, aid, and abet any activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing
4. MISCONDUCTS CAN BE DISCLOSED VIA ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CHANNELS
- Formal letter to the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) Baobab Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited and/or Head of Compliance, Internal Auditor.
- Dedicated Whistleblowing email: [email protected]
- Call or text dedicated Phone No +2348149906614
- When you make a Whistleblowing report, kindly refrain from discussing the details of the reported misconduct with other persons, except as part of an investigation.
Information Security Management System Policy
Baobab’s information resources are critical to its survival. To protect its information resources during internal and external use, in addition to conforming to statutory and contractual requirements, information security is one of Baobab’s prime responsibilities. Baobab shall therefore ensure that such information resources are adequately protected when used by all parties authorized to have access to these resources. Information in all its forms, including information about employees, customers, and products, is among the most valuable assets of the Bank. The security (confidentiality, integrity, and availability) of that information is key to Baobab’s successful discharge of its responsibilities to customers and stakeholders.
- The Top management of Baobab Microfinance Bank will ensure the integration of Baobab’s processes with the requirements of the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- A clear definition of the requirements for information security will be agreed upon and maintained with the business so that all ISMS activities are focused on the fulfillment of those requirements.
- Statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements will be documented and input into the planning process for the Information Security Management System.
- Information security objectives will be based upon a clear understanding of the business requirements, informed by the annual management review with stakeholders to ensure that the information security policy and information security objectives are established and compatible with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Roles and responsibilities will be allocated within Baobab to ensure the effectiveness of the Information Security management system.
- A systematic review of the performance of the program will be conducted on a regular basis to ensure that quality objectives and the intended outcome of the ISMS are being met while security issues are identified through the audit program and management processes.
- The management of Baobab is committed to continually improving the effectiveness of the Information Security Management System.
- Current processes will be enhanced to bring them in line with information security best practices as defined within ISO/IEC 27001